Portfolio - lost and found

11/03/2006 Edit This 0 Comments »
When I was a student back in 1999, I went to AISF (The Art Institute of California — San Francisco) I was major in graphic design (Associate of Science ) That was a 2 year program. After I finish the 2 years program, I signed up for the 4 years program in graphic design (Bachelor of Science). During that time, my school changed its name.

The old class used to have 3 credit on the most major classes, after the school changed its name, most classes has 4 credit. So each class I took in first 2 years were all missing one credit. The only way, I could avoid my first 2 years classes, I will need to provide the portfolio to show I had the knowledge of those classes.

During 1999-2001 I move to 4 different place. Every time I move, I would throw away some old work. I had a class call figure drawing. In that class we need to draw lots figures. in the very short time. So each class I will have lots of papers with drawing on it. Most of the figures only took 2-3 minutes to draw. So after while I throw away a lot of my drawings. Because most of the art works are missing from this class, so I was having problem to prove that I don't need to take this class again.

I remember figure drawing class's finial project was drawing figures with muscles and blood vessel. I look throght my portfolio bag over and over again. But I couldn't find it. That means I will need to take that figure drawing class again. Well, I love drawing, but I don't like looking at naked people.

I was so upset about that I need to take this class again. I beg God, I don't want to go to the same class again. I was praying all night long in my dream. I didn't sleep well that night. I woke up very early. The first action I did, was jump out from my bed, Open my big portfolio bag. As I open it, I saw my figure drawing's final project was inside.

I still don't understand how that happened. I check over that portfolio bag more than 10 times. And That is a 24"x18" art work on a heavy black board. I can't miss that. Anyway, I avoid my figure drawing class that day. And I believe God restore my art work.

0 意見: