Into Canada

11/02/2006 Edit This 0 Comments »

I remember few years ago, when we just got married. We were moving from San Francisco to Abbotsford, B.C. Canada. We use every space we can to fit all my stuff in the car and 2 big luggages on the car roof. It was amazing to see how many stuff we can pack in one car.



At the time, I didn't have visa to get in to Canada. So our plan was stop in Seattle and get a visiter visa from Canadian Consulate General in Seattle. So I can entre to Canada with a visiter visa.



I remember when we were 15 mins away from Seattle, it wasn't raining, but I saw a big rainbow on the mountain side. For me to see that, I believe God has a promise for me. I believe that I will have no problem to get my visa from the Canadian consulate general office in Seattle.

We arrived very early in the moring around 7AM. When the office open at 8AM, I gave all my information to the officer. Becuase I already married to a Canadian, my plan was immigration to Canada. I didn't have any paper shows that I will be allow back to States ( I wasn't student anymore in States. So I won't be able to used my student visa to get back in States anymore) So they reject my apply. And they don't return my application fee.

The officer asked me to go back my country. She wasn't very nice at all. She copy all my information then told me that I can never get in to Canada from Seattle. Only way I can try is go back to Taiwan. Then apply in Taiwan's visa office. Then she say to me, I will need to tell Taiwan visa officer, I was reject before in Seattle. And she say to my husband, only thing he can do to get me in to Canado is immigrated. But I will need to go back to Taiwan first and that is a long process time. I was in big shock. I asked her, I just got married. And now, you want me to leave my husband. I thought Canadians care for the family. David try everything he can do. But she just doesn't care. I was crying so bad in the visa office. I remember David say to me, we tried everything we can already. Now only thing we can do is beg God for His grace.

I was so tired before I went to visa office, crying hard didn't help me at all, I fall into deep sleeping in the car.

David's cousin live in Bellingham, Washington which is 2 hours away from Seattle, WA, half hours away from Abbotsford, BC. So we decided to go to Bellingham, Washington first. On the way to Bellingham, I keep asking God, why this happened to me. I thought I had the promise from You. Then I think God wants me to pray for the visa officer in Seattle. I say to God, how can I pray for her? She was very mean to me and she reject my apply how can I pray for her? Then I start to cry again. I pray for her, that makes my heart so hurt. Then I fall sleep again. every time when I am awake I would cry, I can't stop my tears. Until I am so tired, I would fall into deep sleep again.

We stay at David's cousin's house that night. Next day morning, David said he wants to go in to Canada. He wants to bring his stuff home first. Then when he cross the border he will asked immigration there for advise.

When David was in the immigration office, the lady working there told David, if he can bring me in the office in next couple hours, she will let me in to Canada. Only thing I need is my marriage certificate and my Taiwanese passport. This immigration lady is so nice to me. She knew everything that happened to me in Seattle. She say to me, Canada can't reject a good couple like us. Her arms were open wide for me. She also give me a free visiter visa for a year. She is like a angel from God. I saw her again that night while I was shopping in Abbotsford's Costco. But I never saw her again, I heard that she is retired and move away.

It feels like a dream, God keep His promise. And I know is His grace that I can live in Canada.

0 意見: